Monday, 22 Oct 2012
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
401 W. Pratt Street
More Information and Registration
The Data Collaboration Workshop
ISC and CAIDA are hosting an ISC/CAIDA Data Collaboration Workshop on Oct 22, 2012 at the Hilton Hotel, Baltimore MD, co-located with the MAAWG meeting (www.maawg.org). This workshp is a venue for:
- Showcasing novel case studies of network and security data analysis and data sharing
- Discussing data synthesis techniques and technologies
- In-person networking between data providers and recipients in research and operations
- SIE data contributors to hear and discuss how their shared data is providing value
- Learning how open-source SIE technology can be incorporated into collaborative research data collection and sharing efforts
Topics to be discussed include:
- Introduction to SIE and NMSG (Concepts, Toolkit, Methods, and Design needed to create your own security data redistribution network)
- Demos and tutorials on how to implement Passive DNS Replication sensor, darknet sensors, spam sensors
- Case studies of SIE data and DNSDB usage (research and operational)
Engaging in the Workshop
Attendees will be asked to submit brief, informal abstracts for presentations, or expressions of interest in moderating a discussion topic or breakout roundtable. Each attendee is expected to actively participate as well as provide input, writing, and/or feedback on the report we’ll publish within 6 weeks after the workshop.
This is an invitation-only event.
Submission deadline: September 5, 2012.